First, I received my training as a Holistic Health and Nutrition Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City.
During my training, I studied over 100 dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts. My teachers included Dr. Andrew Weil, Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine; Dr. Deepak Chopra, leader in the field of mind-body medicine; Dr. David Katz, Director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center; Dr. Walter Willett, Chair of Nutrition at Harvard University; Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating; Dr. John Douillard, Ayurvedic physician, and many other leading researchers and nutrition authorities.
My education has equipped me with extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on these skills and my knowledge of different dietary theories, I work with clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results.
I trained at the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, the world’s leading school in Nutritional Psychology where I received my certification as an Eating Psychology Coach. In IPE’s internationally acclaimed program, I learned powerful cutting-edge tools and protocols that enable me to work with weight issues, body image challenges, overeating, binge eating, and a variety of nutrition related health concerns such as digestion, fatigue, mood, immunity, and others. My work combines the powerful new fields of Dynamic Eating Psychology and Mind-Body Nutrition. The skills I use from this training are a combination of practical coaching techniques, results-oriented psychology, clinical nutrition, body-centered practices, mind-body science, and a positive and compassionate approach to challenges with food and health.
As my teacher and mentor, Marc David, points out, “The field of nutritional science has blossomed, a huge gap remains unfulfilled – an understanding of the heart and soul of eating.” If simply knowing enough information about healthful eating were enough, we all would be healthy, happy, and at our healthiest body weight. It is time we stop making nutritional choices solely on intellect and tap into the wisdom of the body.
As an EDIT™ Certified practitioner, Marci gained the clinical skills and confidence needed to effectively guide clients in recovery from all types of eating disorders. It has provided her with the expertise to effectively diagnose and treat the different eating disorder behaviors and their underlying issues.
Perhaps you’ve been wondering about eating disorders for a while, if you or someone you know might have one, or how to or where to begin recovery, but have some questions about specific treatment options? Have you ever wondered:
What interventions are helpful when a client is binge eating and purging every night?
Can a client change restrictive eating patterns when they refuse to gain weight?
If a client considered themselves a “food addict,” what CAN they eat?
The EDIT™ Certified eating disorder certification provided Marci the training to answer the above questions, and others specific to clients. This eating disorder certification training provided her with diagnostic resources and treatment techniques for the four main types of eating disorders: Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder and Food Addiction.
As an EDIT™ Certified practitioner, she has the ability to accurately diagnose the various types of eating disorders, and the skills to provide effective treatment for complete recovery from eating disorders (with the ability to recognize the need for referral to a higher level of care).
This training allows Marci to “meet you where you are.” This means it allows her to start working with clients wherever they personally are on their recovery journey and to then help them learn recovery skills.
The EDIT™ Certified eating disorder certification provides Marci with:
- The ability to accurately assess and diagnose clients with eating disorders, so that appropriate treatments and EDIT™ techniques can be implemented.
- The skills to guide clients to improve their body image and overcome body dysmorphia (a distorted perception of specific physical features).
- The strategies to guide clients to remember and reclaim who they really are!
- The strategies to enhance ‘Intuitive Eating” through guidance to show clients how to enjoy all foods free of eating disordered behaviors. This is done by challenging diet myths, overcoming specific food triggers, and gradually making changes to improve nutrient balance. EDIT™ guides clients beyond meal plans, counting exchanges, or weighing/measuring food. Clients can learn how to honor their hunger/fullness by selecting the type and amount of food that their body truly needs. By following an intuitive process, clients can enjoy the true freedom of complete recovery from eating disorders and food addiction.
- The strategies to enhance an “Intuitive Exercise” approach. It guides clients to find freedom from the rigors and exhaustion of compulsive exercise behaviors and discover how to have fun with fitness once again by gradually changing their current exercise habits until they are congruent with their body’s intuitive needs.
- The techniques to guide clients to identify their feelings and express them in safe and healthy ways. EDIT™ offers easy and effective methods for clients to truly feel their feelings, rather than numbing them with eating disorder thoughts and behaviors. EDIT™ Certified eating disorder certification provides training to model the voice of the “Intuitive Therapist,” to help clients successfully navigate through the “highs and lows” of life events. Clients come to rely upon the wisdom of their own Intuitive Therapist to enjoy an overall balanced mood.
- The strategies to guide clients to discover the role their eating disorder has served, and to gained insight into their core issues.
- The techniques to develop Intuitive Self-Care practice that provide the client’s true needs – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
- The techniques designed to clarify current spiritual/religious values, and explore new spiritual/religious practices which can support eating disorder recovery.
- The training to recognize the warning signs of a relapse, and to work with clients to plan ahead for prevention.
- The Institute for Integrative Nutrition, New York, NY, 2016-2017
- The Institute for the Psychology of Eating, Boulder, CO, 2017
- The Institute for Integrative Nutrition Advanced Business Course, New York, NY, 2017
- Eating Disorder Intuitive Therapy (EDIT) II Certified, LTD, Denver, CO, 2017-2018